Thursday, 16 July 2015

Hiatus Alert!


My bag is like this at the moment, no joke. I need all the paperbacks to survive.

It's that time of the year again where I have to travel to The Homeland and shake hands with relatives I've never seen since I was 2 years old and hang out with cousins I never knew were born until now and say "I'm not dancing, no way, bro" at an auntie's wedding and end up getting blisters on my feet from dancing till 4 AM.

Basically, I'm going to be traveling for about 2 or 3 weeks to a land where WiFi is uncertain or non-existent. And even if the Almighty Internet was strong as heck, the electricity goes out at least 3 times every day. Yeah, that's the kind of place I come from but I still like going there so that says a lot about me. I don't even know why. Maybe it's the whacky people and the drama?

Actually, yes. The drama is so vibrant and fresh. I'm always that one creep grinning widely in the background as cousins break into a brawl or when the kids are shrieking because a lizard was found in Urooj's teacup or when an old, respectable aunt is having a Vision into the future and everyone is gasping and getting on their knees. I love how it's always like a crazy variety show.


Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, lack of WiFi. Because there will be no internet, there's no chance I'll be posting. I'm going to be gone for 2 or 3 weeks or MAYBE EVEN A MONTH too so dang, you'll all probably forget I even existed by the time I'm back. But don't worry, I'll be reading all the books whenever I can and I'm going to be posting a bazillion arguably fun reviews when I'm back!

I'm not going to be scheduling any posts too. I've always seen this blog as a place for me to share and interact about bookish things while I can. It's not a place where I dump my thoughts into a pit and walk away. That's not how things work here so I won't be posting anything at all until I get back. I'm unpopular enough to get away with it hehe(^_-)≡★

Please be more than free to drop some awesome beach read titles or suggest books that you've loved reading while you were on vacation! I'll be sure to go through all your suggestions before I leave :") 

Have a great time blogging and reading everyone! I have to say, I'm upset that I'll be missing out on quite a lot of posts over the weeks but I'll be sneaking peaks at your recaps to see what you've been up to while I was gone on the Other Side Of The Wall. See you soon ~


26 comments:

  1. Safe travels and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely will try to enjoy it as much as I can :")

      Delete
  2. Haha, you should definitely write a novel about your hometown because what you said about it and your family kind of already sounds like one. Or a tv show. :D No one is going to forget about you while you're away, so do not worry about that for a minute! I really hope you'll have a fabulous time with your relatives! And that you'll love the books you've chosen to take with you. Is Gone Girl one of them?? I don't know if you've read it but if not you have to pick it up immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, my family can easily provide drama for a variety show any day! xD You're so sweet, Veronika, I'll miss visiting your fabulous blog! I sure am bringing Gone Girl because I have the tiny paperback version and it's so easy to fit in your bag haha

      Delete
  3. Have fun on your trip!! I know you'll have a great time, and read some awesome books :D

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I had a blast and I read some books I never thought I'd read too :D

      Delete
  4. I'm not going to say I'm not sad you're going on a hiatus, because I am, but it sounds like you are going to have so much fun! :D Maybe your family should become a reality show, you know the ones with the over the top dramatics and laugh soundtrack? One of those. I don't know if you've read We Were Liars by E. Lockhart yet (if not, you totally should), but it is amazing. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I can't believe I haven't read We Were Liars TILL NOW. WHEN WILL I EVER MOVE AND READ THAT BOOK, IT'S BEEN ON MY LIST SINCE IT WAS RELEASED SMH

      Delete
  5. ... Was the Other Side of the Wall a reference to Garth Nix? I sincerely hope it was.... I tend to go a little reference crazy sometimes. I guess that's guess it is all those years of watching Gilmore Girls over and over and over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes it was ;) and also to the A Song of Ice & Fire series in a way. I remember watching random episodes of Gilmore Girls when I was young but the thing I still remember is the amazing relationship between the mom and the main character

      Delete
  6. I just found your blog a while ago and now you're leaving! Nooo. Hehe, in all seriousness, I hope you have loads of fun on your trip. It sounds like it's going to be so much crazy fun. o-o And happy Eid as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy extremely belated-Eid to you too, Naban! Don't worry I shall stalk your blog right now and we'll get to know each other in no time :D

      Delete
  7. Where in the HECK do your relatives live that they have such iffy wifi and unreliable electricity!! It sounds like my husband's homeland of Alaska wilderness! Gah, I hope you make it out alive! I can totally appreciate that you won't be scheduling posts. I like to do that when I go on vacation, but I also generally have internet that's reliable enough to comment back. I hope you don't die and that no one tackles you!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unreliable electricity is all over Pakistan haha but now they've got WiFi, I underestimated the power of the internet (ミ ̄ー ̄ミ)"I hope you don't die and that no one tackles you!" omg this is the sweetest, I LIVE HEALTHY & UNTACKLED THANKS TO YOUR HOPES.

      Delete
  8. I hope you have an awesome time, watching family drama can be hilarious ;) Safe travels and we'll be here when you get back! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun, Alise! You're so sweet aw ★~(◠‿◕✿)

      Delete
  9. This sounds like... a really gorgeous, glorious place to retreat to, and I hope you have a splendid time. I don't spend a lot of time with my extended family, don't really know them or visit them at all, apart from one grandmother, but I always love and... maybe covet, if I whisper it real quiet, the idea of a bizarre, close knit, strange and perfectly wonderful extended family. Yours sounds just like that, and I hope you spend a really, really worthwhile, enjoyable and always thrilling time away. Looking forward to seeing you back! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A huge whacky extended family is really fun although it can be annoying to share sleeping space when you visit haha I look forward to visiting your blog soon! <3

      Delete
  10. Oh lord. I know the feeling of iffy WiFi and loadshedding more than three times a day. And blistering heat.

    Ikr?! You're getting hugged by aunties who are telling you how they haven't seen you since you were a baby, while all the while you're mouthing to you mom that you don't even know this woman. Also, looking forward to seeing you back :)

    Nirvana @ Quenching the Quill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGOD you even know the term we use for black outs xD loadshedding was so much less this time around thank goodness! I don't know why but it was only during the end of July. And pffft, I hugged so many unknown aunties, I feel numb.

      Delete
  11. A place where wifi is uncertain or *GASP* non-existent?! You must tell us where this is! I have no idea where this is. I took a quick look at your bio and saw that you live in the Middle East. Do you by any chance live in Oman? If so, that would be cool because I regularly visit that country :P

    I hope you get to have a fun time (amidst all the food and dancing and drama) and that you get to read all the books! You go, girl! We'll be waiting for you here ^_^

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently living in Qatar and the country I was talking about was Pakistan haha. There are some urban areas that have ace WiFi but my family comes from rural areas so we have cute sheep and sunflower fields instead lol

      Delete
  12. Happy Eid Mubarak btw! A place without wifi sounds horrendous but I hope you'll enjoy your time <33 I'd highly recommend any Kasie West books (they are perfect for summer!!) and A Midsummer's Nightmare!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy extremely-late-Eid Mubarak Kezia!!! A Midsummer's Nightmare?? I never heard of that but it sounds hilarious

      Delete
  13. Nooooooooo. No Wifi you say?? What ever shall you doooo? I panic when I'm not around Internet for a whole day (yes, I'm one of those people) but only because I have so much social interaction and I hate not being on top of what is going on and things you know? All best with your traveling. It sounds like you're going to have a ton of fun!♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW IT WAS A WHOLE NEW DIMENSION OF ISOLATION. I know what you mean omg I feel so behind in the book world now. Traveling is definitely one of my fave things to do :"D

      Delete